Monday, May 2, 2016

Day 8: Single Parenting

Jason's out of town for the week, so I am on my own with the kids and the dog. It's more than a little bit exhausting, and I can tell you right now that if I were a single parent, I would not have a dog. I swear, she's as much work as the kids are!

Anyway, what this means is that my #1 priorities this week are 1) survive, 2) try to make sure everything that's absolutely necessary gets done (meals, homework, dog walks, etc.), 3) exercise at home as much as I can manage with everything else, and 4) try not to let the eating descend into total madness.

Log:
Exercise:
  • Day 6 of the 30-day Abs Challenge: 35 sit-ups, 15 leg raises, 15 crunches, 25-second plank
  • 12 minutes of yoga stretching
  • Walking the dog
Nutrition:
  • Breakfast: steel cut oats with walnuts, dried cranberries, and milk, hot tea with milk and sugar
  • Lunch: grilled BBQ chicken thighs, baked beans with bacon, corn salad, a couple of pretzels with hummus
  • Dinner: breakfast for dinner--1.5 buttermilk pancakes, 3 pieces of bacon, 1/2 a cup of fresh strawberries, and 2 eggs
  • Snacks: Starbucks grande iced chai tea latte
Stats:
  • Steps: no idea--I forgot my fitbit!
  • Calories:  consumed, 0 burned
  • Weight: 193.5 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment